Falooda is a popular South Asian dessert recipe that can also be used as an afternoon appetizer on a hot
day (as an alternative to a smoothie). Falooda is normally made with milk and vermicelli, but people
often add a fruits flavor to "spice" it up a bit. Following is a simple strawberry falooda recipe that
you will love.. works great for the family!
Half a litre of milk
One cup arrow root vermicelli
one cup strawberries
Half litre of strawberry ice cream
4 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoon chopped almonds
1 tablespoon basil seeds
One pack of strawberry jelly
1. Soak the basil seeds in a half a cup of water. Let it stand.
2. Cook and Prepare the strawberry jelly according to directions. Put it in the refrigerator until it
cools down or you can freeze it. Make sure it does not turn icy. once the jelly is formed, cut it into small squares.
3. Meanwhile, in a pot, boil water and add the arrowroot vermicelli. Cook them until they are tender and
can be broken down into smaller pieces.
4. Once cooked, drain the water from the vermicelli. Refrigerate the noodles.
5. Add 1/2 litre strawberry ice cream, four tablespoon sugar, 1/2 litre of milk in a blender and blend them firmly.
6. Take tall, broad mouth glasses. In each glass, add crushed ice, then vermicelli noodles, followed by pieces of jelly.
7. Add a tablespoon of soaked basil seeds in each glass.
8. Add the prepared blender mixture of strawberry ice-cream and milk. Sprinkle almonds in each glass (on top of the faluda mixture).
9. Now it is ready to serve with a spoon.