Fresh Strawberry Chiffon Recipe
This fresh strawberry chiffon recipe is especially for diabetics. Please refer to the nutritional information below.
* 1 cup water
* 1 envelope Knox gelatine unflavored
* 20 ounces Kool-Aid unsweetened drink mix with strawberry flavor
* 20 oz Wykler's unsweetened flavored soft drink mix
* 8 drops sugar substitute
* 1 Recipe low cal whipped topping
* 2 tablespoons instant dry milk
* 9 inch graham cracker crust (take the diabetic recipe)
* 9 fresh strawberries
Serves 1 Pie
Combine water and gelatin. Let set for 5 minutes and then heat until gelatin is melted. Add Kool aid mix and sweetener to gelatin. Mix well and refrigerate until slightly thickened.
Prepare whipped topping while gelatin is thickening. Refrigerate until needed. Add dry milk to thickened gelatin and whip at high speed until creamy and stiff.
Remove beater and gently fold in whipped topping into whipped gelatin. Spread filling evenly into graham cracker crust.
Garnish eack serving with a fresh strawberry, placing a fresh strawberry in the center of the pie. Refrigerate until firm. Cut into 8 equal pieces.
Per serving(1/8) of the fresh strawberry chiffon recipe:
Food Exchange per serving:
- 1 bread exchange + 3/4 fat exchange
- calories 125
- carbohydrates 15gm
- protein 3 gm
- fat 7 gm
- low-sodium diet: Omit salt. Use salt-free margarine.
Return from Strawberry Chiffon Recipe to Strawberry Tarts and Cakes